Which Isaac married Kate Sharp??
David 3 and Abigail (Parke) McWithey had sons Reuben 4, Simeon 4, and Isaac 4. David 3 had gone from Connecticut to Dutchess County New York, then into Washington County New York; his sons with him.
- Reuben4 b. 1731 married Zerviah Whitney and went to Cayuga Co, NY.
- Simeon 4 b. 1739 married Sarah Van Dozer and went to FairHaven Vermont
- Isaac4 b. 1745 in Granville New York (as far as I know). By 1775 Isaac appears to be married and son Silas born.
Isaac4 had a son Isaac 5 who was bpt. 1785 (birthdate unknown--4 of Isaac's children were bpt. 1785).
Simeon had a son Isaac 5, probably the Isaac born 1755-1774 who was 1800 in Fair Haven Vt. (as was Simeon). They are in the census under the name McWeva.
One of these Isaac5's married Kate Sharp. We know that Isaac and Kate (Sharp) McWithey had these children:
- Ithimer/Ithamen--probably the Ithamer who married Polly McKenzie and went to Dearborn County, Indiana. Ithamer/Ithamen was born 1790-1800.
- Stephen--probably the Stephen McWithy b. 1793 of Darke Co, Ohio.
- Charles G.--probably the Charles who married Maria Gladwell, Dearborn Co., Ind. Charles was born 1790-1800.
- Tilly Gilbert --b. 19 March 1800, who m. 1826 Betsy Blighton. To Wisconsin/Iowa. Since T.G. was born in March, he should be one of the 4 males under 10 in the household.
- James--and if Ithaman, Stephen, Charles and T.G. are the 4 males under 10 in 1800, be can assume James was born after 1800. Too bad we don't know how old Kate was, but let us say she was born very roughly about 1772, making her about 18 in 1790. She had 4 children then in her 20's and would easily have four more in her 30's.
- Jemimah-- was born about 1805/6 (she was 44 in 1850). She married Hiram Bligton. To Wisconsin/Iowa/S. Dakota
- Sarah-- I think she married JOHN Phelps.
- Caroline (Sally)--who married A. Phelps (odd that Sarah was not the one who was nicknamed Sally). I still need to get her birthdate--and it is not all clear that there were actually two dauthers. BUT...a Sally McWeithy maried John Phelps and with a David and Mary Phelps, Tilly Gilbert and his wife Betsy (Blighton McWethy) , and Hiram C. and Jemima (McWethy) Blighton went to Worth Co. Iowa.
This family was from Fair Haven Vt.
See THE HISTORY OF FAIR HAVEN VT. BY A. ADAMS (published 1870)
p.22: talks about the settlement by Abraham Sharp, a Dutch settler on the NY side...who came with his brother in law James Van Dozen...from near
p.24 refers to Abraham Sharp of Charlotte (now Washington) Co. NY.
(both Simeon 4 and Isaac 4 were in Washington Co .NY, but I believe that only Simeon went into Fair Haven. He went with his father in law, and his son Isaac was in Fair Haven too. This does not mean his nephew Isaac was not there at some point too., though., but I have no evidence that there were two Isaacs in Fair Haven. )
p.24 Abraham Sharp m. Jemimah Van Dozer...he was drowned on a hunting excursion near Granville (Washington Co) NY previous to March 1789...
p.25 James Van Dozer, the brother in law of Mr. Sharp, purchased land..1782...settled and improved this land...Tradition reports that it was occupied by his son in law, Simeon McWithey, called by the old people McQuivey, who lived in a log house. Mr. Van Dozer and his wife were old people and died in their place at an early day. He willed...some land to his grandson Isaac McWithey...rest to Simeon and Sarah McWithey.
p.462(more on this family in book) Abraham Sharp married Jemima VanDozer had sons: Abraham, James, Dreese, Stephen, John ; had daus Hannah, Polly, Speedy, Kate m. Isaac McWithey, Nellie who married John Blighton and Jemimah.
p.434 re: Isaac McWithey. Some say he married Kate Sharp, others say Loraine Church. He is said to have died on Scotch Hill. His children --Simeon, Huldah, Elsie, Almira.
The Isaac who married Kate Sharp did not have children Simeon, Huldah, Elsie and Almira.
Levi McWithey, son of Simeon and Sarah, married a Lorinda Church, but their children were not named Simeon, Huldah etc. either. They went to Pavillion , NY and their family is well documented.
I AM GOING TO PLACE ISAAC WHO M. KATE SHARP AS SON OF SIMEON. BUT PROOF IS STILL NEEDED.